MAY 22, 2017
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Woodruff called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. Chair Woodruff and Commissioners Andrew, Stole, Peterson, Barham and Yorks answered the roll. A quorum was present.
2. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the October 31, 2016 meeting. City Recorder Eckerman noted a correction due to the omission of Commissioner Stole's name in the roll call. Commissioner Barham moved to approve the minutes as corrected. Commissioner Yorks seconded and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
3. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
4. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
5. PUBLIC HEARING - Chair Woodruff opened the public hearing for Case File #1-VAR-PC-17, calling for abstentions, bias, conflict of interest, or ex parte contact. Commissioner Barham declared ex parte contact by driving by and reviewing the site. No objections were raise to any Commissioner hearing the case.
Staff Report: City Planner Lewis reviewed the staff report, noting that the applicant was requesting aprpoval of a Variance to reduce the width of the building below the minimum Downtown District standard. No written or oral testimony was provided.
Applicant and Property Owner Mary Matney presented information and answered questions. Ms. Matney stated she would like to maintain the driveway to be able to access the back part of the lot for additional development and parking.
Commissioner Peterson asked for clarification on side yard setbacks in the Downtown District. Commissioner Barham initiated discussion regarding parking space requirements.
There were no requests to leave the record open. Following deliberation by the Planning Commission, Commissioner Barham moved to approve the application as submitted including the conditions recommended in the staff report. Commissioner Yorks seconded the motion, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
6. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Planning Report: Building permit and land use activity for October 25, 2016 through May 15, 2017 was reviewed.
B. Other Issues: None. 7. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: Commissioner Barham expressed concern about the required fence installation being completed per conditions of approval for the wood cutting operation in the Industrial Park. The Commission discussed the need for the applicant to request an extension if the fence will not be constructed by the June 30, 2017 deadline. Chair Woodruff asked the Commission if they would like to elect a new Planning Commission chair. No suggestions were given, and Chair Woodruff agreed to be Chair through the end of 2017.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 2:50 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda Q. Eckerman, City Recorder
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 26th day of June, 2017.
SIGNED by the Chair this 26th day of June, 2017. Ray Woodruff, Chair