JUNE 26, 2017
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Woodruff called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. Commissioners Peterson, Woodruff, Barham and Yorks answered the roll. Commissioners Andrew and Stole were absent. A quorum was present.
2. CONSIDERATION OF MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the May 22, 2017 meeting. Commissioner Barham moved to approve the minutes as presented. Commissioner Yorks seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
3. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
4. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
5. PUBLIC HEARING: None.
6. PUBLIC MEETING - Conditional Use #2-CU-PC-17, Request for Extension to Construct Fence: City Planner Lewis explained that the applicant was requesting a 3-month extension to the June 30 deadline for fence installation. The applicant, Steve Brandel, was present to address the Commission. He explained that he has 25 of the required fenceposts, and the front corner fencepost is placed. He is hoping to acquire the fencing at a discounted rate at the end of July, when the supplier will be going out of business. Following a brief discussion, Commissioner Woodruff moved to grant a four-month extension, in order to allow the applicant sufficient time to complete the project. Commissioner Peterson seconded, and the motion carried unanimously.
7. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS: The Commission reviewed the planning report. There were no other action items.
8. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: Commissioner Peterson expressed concern that the Commission was setting a precedent by specifying the type of fencing materials, when the Code requirement was simply for a fence. Commissioner Barham explained that the fencing type was specified in this instance because that was what the applicant was requesting, and he didn't think that this was in any way setting a precedent for future applications.
9. ADJOURNMENT: At 2:12 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda Q. Eckerman, City Recorder
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 23rd day of October, 2017.
SIGNED by the Chair this 23rd day of October, 2017.
Ray Woodruff, Chair