DECEMBER 14, 2015
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Woodruff called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. Chair Woodruff and Commissioners Andrew, Peterson, Barham, and Quayle answered the roll. Commissioner Yorks was absent. A quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
3. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the July 27, 2015 Meeting. Commissioner Andrew moved to approve the minutes as written. Commissioner Peterson seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
4. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
5. PUBLIC HEARING
Chair Woodruff opened the public hearing for Case File #2-PD-PC-15, calling for abstentions, bias, conflict of interest, or ex parte contact. No objections were raised to any Commissioner hearing the case.
Staff Report: City Planner Lewis reviewed the staff report, noting that the applicant was requesting approval of a Planned Development for 38 single family homes/lots. Eleven (11) lots are proposed to front Green Drive and 27 lots are proposed to front Green Lane. Written testimony included one letter submitted by a nearby property owner and signed by 15 additional people. The letter expressed opposition to the development citing concerns about housing congestion and fire safety, visual clutter, parking congestions, and traffic.
Applicant Kevin Kass and Owner Mark Campbell presented information and answered questions.
Oral testimony was provided by two people. In summary, questions and concerns about the proposed planned development included the density and side yard setbacks of proposed homes fronting Green Drive, traffic, and sidewalks.
In rebuttal, the applicant and owner responded to concerns and the proposed development.
There were no requests to leave the record open. Following deliberation by the Planning Commission, Commissioner Peterson moved to approve the application as submitted including the conditions recommended in the staff report. Commissioner Quayle seconded the motion, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
6. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Planning Report: Building permit and land use activity for October 1 through November 30, 2015 was reviewed.
B. Other Issues: None.
7. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: Commissioner Peterson expressed concerns about 1) the need for sidewalks on Crestline Drive to the schools, 2) the need for a new road connecting Hwy 101 and Crestline Drive, and 3) visual problems for west bound Hwy 34 motorists as they approach Ray's at night. The headlights from vehicles in the parking light impair views. A visual barrier is needed. Chair Woodruff noted that the speed limit on Crestline Drive should be corrected. Currently the speed limit goes from 25 to 40 to 20 mph. Chair Woodruff also noted that an additional fire hydrant may be required on Dahl Avenue with the expansion of the storage facility.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 3:14 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, Commissioner Peterson moved to adjourn. Commissioner Barham seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
Reda Q. Eckerman, City Recorder
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 22nd day of February, 2016.
SIGNED by the Chair this 22nd day of February, 2016.
Ray Woodruff, Chair