AUGUST 25, 2014
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Woodruff called the meeting to order at 2:00 p..m. Chair Woodruff and Commissioners Yorks, Peterson, Hafner, Andrew, Egan and Gordon answered the roll. A quorum was present. Also attending were City Planner Lewis, City Manager Kemp, City Recorder Eckerman, and John Maré.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
4. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the June 23, 2014 meeting. Commissioner Andrew moved to approve the minutes as presented. Commissioner Peterson seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: City Planner Lewis pointed out that the last page of the staff report was an announcement for Planning Commissioner training to be held on Thursday, September 25 at the Eugene Public Library. It was noted that this was around the same time as the annual League of Oregon Cities conference.
6. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Work Session - Training Session with Matt Spangler, DLCD: Mr. Lewis introduced Mr. Spangler, who then proceeded to lead the Planning Commission in a workshop session regarding Land Use Planning and the Planning Commission's role in the process. Topics discussed included an overview of the statewide planning system, the duties of the Planning Commission, and the Public Hearing process.
B. Other Issues: None.
7. ADJOURNMENT: At 3:40 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda Q. Eckerman, City Recorder
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 22nd day of September, 2014.
SIGNED by the Chair this 22nd day of September, 2014.
Ray Woodruff, Chair