JULY 22, 2013
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: City Recorder Eckerman administered the oath of office to David Gordon, who then took his seat at the table. Chair Maré and Commissioners Woodruff, Hafner, Andrew, Perry and Gordon answered the roll. A quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: Commissioner Gordon noted that he looked forward to working on the Planning Commission. Chair Maré mentioned a concern regarding the lack of advertising for the Woodland Trail, and also noted that there were several individuals interested in making additional signage for the trail, but he's been telling them to wait until the interpretive signs arrive.
4. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the June 24, 2013 meeting. Commissioner Hafner reported that the porta-potty has been removed from the south end of town. Commissioner Woodruff moved to approve the minutes as presented. Commissioner Andrew seconded, and the motion carried unanimously.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS: None.
7. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Amendments to Sign Regulations: The Commission reviewed the first draft of the new sign regulations, section by section. Additional revisions were proposed regarding A-frame signs and their size and appearance, as well as free-standing signage. It was also suggested that an exemption process similar to McMinnville's be included to address unanticipated style or size requests. Following additional discussion, Mr. Lewis indicated that he would further revise the draft and bring it back to the Commission for review.
B. Planning Report: Mr. Lewis reviewed his written report.
C. Other Issues: None.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 3:50 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda Q. Eckerman, City Recorder
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 30th day of September, 2013.
SIGNED by the Chair this 30th day of September, 2013.
John Maré, Chair