NOVEMBER 19, 2012
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Vice Chair Maré called the meeting to order at 2:05 p.m. Vice Chair Maré and Commissioners Andrew, Hafner, Perry and Woodruff answered the roll. A quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS:
Commissioner Hafner requested Planner Lewis forward a copy of his memorandum to the City Council responding to a letter that was forwarded to City Council that claimed allegations regarding conditions of approval and finding of fact.
Commissioner Andrew commented some information shared at the last Planning Commission meeting was interesting and some information was disappointing.
Commissioner Hafner and Vice Chair Maré noted that the City Council determined that the Planning Commission membership will remain at 7 and that vacancies will be advertised.
Vice Chair Maré gave an update on the Woodland Trail noting that the trail is in great shape even after we received five inches of rain over the past two days. Vice Chair Maré will follow up with the Public Works Director regarding a couple places that need maintenance.
4. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the October 22, 2012 Meeting. Commissioner Woodruff moved to approve the minutes as written. Commissioner Hafner seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
6. PUBLIC HEARING: None.
7. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Yaquina John Point Land Use & Transportation Plan - Recommended Code Amendments: The Planning Commission reached consensus on the draft amendments as written. The next step will be to begin the public hearing process on the draft amendments and on the rezoning of property north of the US Forest Service property.
B. Planning Report: Building permit and land use activity for October 16 through November 5, 2012 was reviewed. Grant application activity was reviewed.
C. Other Issues. The Code Enforcement report was discussed. There were questions and comments regarding the outcome of many cases, the types of code enforcement, and the number of cases.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 2:40 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda Q. Eckerman, City Recorder
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 4th day of February, 2013.
SIGNED by the Vice Chair this 4th day of February, 2013.
John Maré, Vice Chair