JUNE 27, 2011
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Perry called the
meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. Chair Perry and Commissioners Woodruff, Andrew,
Power, Smolen and Russell answered the roll. Commissioner Maré was delayed. A
quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: A lengthy discussion ensued regarding various items of code enforcement, including derelict buildings, noxious weeds, uniform fire code violations, and unmuffled engine noise. Commissioner Russell also suggested that any open positions on boards and/or commissions be posted on the City’s website. Mr. Lewis gave a brief review of the Woodland Corridor project and noted that a letter from the Tryons regarding the easement through their property has been forwarded to the grant people.
4. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the April 25, 2011 meeting. Commissioner Woodruff moved to approve the minutes as presented. Commissioner Power seconded, and the motion carried unanimously.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
6. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Planning Report: Mr. Lewis reviewed his written report. Additional discussion ensued regarding code enforcement. Commissioner Power moved to schedule a workshop with the Code Compliance Officer on July 8, if he is available. Commissioner Maré seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
B. Potential Development Code Amendments:
1. Chicken and Duck Ordinance: Discussion ensued regarding the proposed language. Commissioner Woodruff moved to accept the language as amended. Commissioner Maré seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
2. Landscaping and Underground Utility Requirements on Commercial and Industrial Zones: Commissioner Russell moved to accept the language as proposed. Commissioner Smolen seconded, and the motion carried unanimously.
3. Townhouse Planned Development Ordinance: Discussion ensued. City Planner Lewis will look at incorporating townhouses as a conditional use in the R-2, R-3, R-4, Commercial, and Downtown District zones, and then drafting a subsection in Conditional Uses to provide standards.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 4:10 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda Q. Eckerman, City Recorder
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 25th day of July, 2011.
SIGNED by the Chair this 25th day of July, 2011.