JULY 25, 2011
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Perry called the
meeting to order at 2:15 p.m. Chair Perry and Commissioners Andrew, Maré, Power,
Smolen, and Woodruff, answered the roll. Commissioner Russell was absent. A
quorum was present.
2. ELECT PLANNING COMMISSION CHAIR AND VICE-CHAIR: Commissioner Maré moved to appoint Commissioner Power as Chair. Commissioner Perry seconded. Commissioner Power declined. Commissioner Power moved to have Commissioner Perry serve as Chair through December 2011. Commissioner Maré seconded and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote. There was Commission consensus to defer elections of chair and vice-chair until the December 2011 meeting.
The Commission reviewed a memorandum that identified dates when Commissioners were appointed to the Planning Commission and term expirations. Commissioners requested clarification on their status given that terms for three Commissioners have expired.
3. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
4. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: Commissioners discussed code enforcement and their role as Planning Commissioners. Discussion focused on how the Planning Commission’s role regarding code enforcement is limited to review of complaints and violations of Title 16 of the Municipal Code (Development Code). Other complaints should be addressed by submitting the "City Code Violation/Nuisance Complaint Form" at City Hall. Commissioners requested copies of the Code Enforcement report.
5. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the June 27, 2011 meeting. Commissioner Woodruff moved to approve the minutes. Commissioner Power seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
6. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
7. PUBLIC HEARING: None.
8. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Planning Report: Mr. Lewis reviewed the 2011 Land Use/Building Permit Activity Table for period June 21, 2011 through July 18, 2011.
B. Potential Development Code Amendments - Townhouse Conditional Use Ordinance: The Commission reviewed the draft townhouse conditional use ordinance. There was consensus to maintain standard residential setbacks for a townhouse parent lot where the parent lot abuts other residentially zoned lots; and to consider a provision regarding requirements for construction of sidewalks.
C. Other Issues. None.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 3:40 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda Q. Eckerman, City Recorder
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 22nd day of August, 2011.
SIGNED by the Chair this 22nd day of August, 2011.
Jan Power, Vice-Chair