APRIL 25, 2011
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Perry called the
meeting to order at 2:05 p.m. Chair Perry and Commissioners Andrew, Maré, Power,
Russell, Smolen and Woodruff answered the roll. A quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: Six citizens were present. Virginia Hafner stated that she appreciates the meeting packets being provided on-line.
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS:
Commissioner Woodruff noted that a statement was made at the last City Council meeting about comments from an anonymous person. He stated that he was the anonymous person and read his comments responding the a New Lincoln County article about the tower facilities amendments.
Commissioner Smolen stated she would like to see requests for volunteer activity posted on the City web site; talked about the new lighted sign at the Soul Vacation Resort, and mentioned the need to eliminate noxious weeds.
Commissioner Maré talked about the Oregon Coast Trail and the efforts to make the trail complete and visible; he is now working on an alternative trail route from the north end of the bridge to the Bayshore Club and the owner of the Soul vacation Resort is enthusiastic about the Oregon Coast Trail being routed along the bay in front of the Resort property.
4. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the March 28, 2011 meeting. Commissioner Power moved to approve the minutes with one corrected date. Commissioner Maré seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
6. PUBLIC HEARING: None.
7. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Planning Report: Mr. Lewis reviewed the Planning Commission meeting schedule fo the remainder of 2011. The Commission scheduled the May 2011 meeting for Monday, May 16, 2011 and agreed to the remaining meeting dates identified on the schedule (4th Monday of each month except that the November and December meetings will be a combined meeting held Monday, December 5, 2011.
B. Potential Development Code Amendments:
1) Chicken and Duck Ordinance. The Commission reviewed a draft ordinance that would allow for chickens and ducks to be kept on properties with restrictions. Public testimony was provided by four people. The Commission made revisions to the draft ordinance, i.e. requiring that chickens and ducks be fenced and contained on the premises, that drakes are prohibited along with roosters, that storage of feed be enclosed, and editorial comments.
2) Landscaping and Underground Utility Requirements in Commercial and Industrial Zones. The Commission reviewed the April, 2011 draft amendments and made revisions to the draft regarding non-native invasive plants and confirmation of the OSU Extension Service lists, changes to the Storm Water Treatment Facilities standard, deleted the requirement for shrubs and trees as wind breaks, and other editorial changes.
3) Townhouse Planned Development Ordinance. The Commission briefly discussed the draft Townhouse Planned Development ordinance and requested graphic exhibits to review at the next meeting.
C. Other Issues. Commissioner Smolen requested the Code Enforcement report be distributed to Commissioners. Commissioner Maré talked about how we now have a good active trail users group and that we have a need for a good active trails committee.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 4:35 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda A. Quinlan, City Recorder
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 27th day of June, 2011.
SIGNED by the Chair this 27th day of June, 2011.
Dave Perry, Chair