MAY 25, 2010
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair
Perry called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. Chair Perry and Commissioners
Smolen, Power, Mare and Russell answered the roll. Commissioner Woodruff was
excused. A quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: Commissioner Smolen noted concerns regarding noxious weed growth, people occupying a fifth wheel in the Old Town area, and whether the new footing for the Breakfast Club’s deck was encroaching on Port property. Commissioner Russell asked about removal of trees, especially significant trees. Staff will look to see if there’s language in the Comprehensive Plan to address this issue. Commissioner Maré asked about the property on the corner of Cedar and Highway 34, and noted that signage for Mill street should improve the one-way issues at the end.
4. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the March 23, 2010 meeting. Commissioner Smolen moved to approve the minutes as presented. Commissioner Maré seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
6. PUBLIC HEARING(S): None.
7. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
1. Planning Report: Mr. Lewis reviewed his written report, explaining that the septic approval was for the old cardlock station on Highway 34, and the LUCS for air quality was for the Chevron station.
2. Draft Tower Facilities Regulations: A lengthy discussion ensued regarding the proposed regulations. Several amendments and additions were proposed and will be incorporated by staff. The final draft will be brought back to the Commission for review and eventual referral to the City Council.
3. Other Issues: Commissioner Russell asked about the maintenance of the right- of-way on Lily Lane. A brief discussion ensued. The issue will be reviewed by the Public Works Director.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 3:30 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda A. Quinlan, City Recorder
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 27th day of July, 2010.
SIGNED by the Chair this 27th day of July, 2010.
Dave Perry, Commission Chair