MAY 26, 2009
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Perry called the
meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. Chair Perry and Commissioners Holland, Johnston,
Maré, Power, Smolen, and Woodruff answered the roll. A quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: A concern was raised about a person who is occupying a trailer within the City limits and acquiring bicycles and bicycle parts in order to repair and sell bicycles.
4. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the April 28, 2009 meeting. The Commission discussed deleting reference to the ball field orientation under item #3. The last two sentences of item #3 would read "Commissioner Smolen asked about vacant property and the areas that are overgrown with noxious weeds." Commissioner Maré moved to approve the minutes with the above noted amendment. Commissioner Smolen seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: Commission Holland drafted and presented copies of a proposed ordinance titled "Tower, Monopole and Antenna Development Standards for Waldport, Oregon". The Commission discussed the interest and need to development an ordinance addressing this subject. The Planning Commission should request, through the City Manager, that the City Council authorized the Planning Commission to prepare a draft ordinance and initiate a public hearing process.
City Planner Lewis provided copies of an article from the Spring 2009 Planner Commissioners Journal entitled "Learning to Enjoy Your Service on the Commission".
6. PUBLIC HEARING: None.
7. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Planning Report: Mr. Lewis reviewed his written report.
B. Comprehensive Plan Amendments: The Commission reviewed drafts of the final three sections of the Comprehensive Plan Goals and Policies, i.e. XVII. Coastal Shoreland, XVIII. Beaches and Dunes and, XIX. Ocean Resources. The consensus of the Commission was to amend the draft sections as discussed. The update of the Comprehensive Plan Inventory and Transportation System Plan are the final two documents to be updated.
C. Other Issues: None.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 3:40 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda A. Quinlan, City Recorder
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 23rd day of June, 2009.
SIGNED by the Chair this 23rd day of June, 2009.
Dave Perry, Chair