FEBRUARY 24, 2009
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Perry called the
meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. Chair Perry and Commissioners Holland, Johnston,
Maré, Power, Smolen, and Woodruff, answered the roll. A quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: No citizens were present.
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: Commissioner Johnston said the roof on the new Moose Lodge addition appears to encroach over the west property line and is dumping surface water onto the adjacent property. Staff will investigate.
Commissioner Maré showed the Commission the Oregon Coast Trail markers that he is having placed along the trail route throughout south Lincoln County.
4. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the January 27, 2009 Meeting. The Commission directed staff to add a summary of the discussion on final sign-off for Planned Developments.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: The Commission discussed the ‘dark sky’ article (It’s All About the Lighting) that Commissioner Holland provided. The Commission will want to consider code amendments regarding lighting regulations.
6. PUBLIC HEARING: None.
7. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Planning Report: No written report was provided.
B. Comprehensive Plan Amendments: The Commission concluded discussion on the draft Section V. Open Space, Natural, Scenic and Historical Resources, Section VI. Air, Water and Land Resources Quality and, Section VII. Natural Hazards sections. The Section VIII. Recreation, Section IX. Economy and, Section X. Housing were discussed and proposed changes to the drafts were made. Mr. Lewis will redraft these sections based on Commission comments.
The consensus of the Commission was to review the redrafted Section VI. Air, Water and Land Resources Quality (w/ new policy regarding removal of animal waste); Section VIII. Recreation; Section IX. Economy and; Section X Housing, and begin review of additional sections of the Comprehensive Plan Goals & Policies at the March 24, 2009 meeting.
C. Other Issues: Commissioner Woodruff initiated a discussion on the need for downtown businesses to conform to signage and parking requirements. Staff will send a letter to business owners that provides a summary of signage and parking requirements.
Chair Perry discussed the Ford Foundation and an article on Finding Prosperous Rural Communities.
Mr. Lewis reminded the Commission that their next meeting will be March 24, 2009, 2:00 p.m. in the Fire Hall meeting room.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 4:10 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda A. Quinlan, City Recorder
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 24th day of March, 2009.
SIGNED by the Chair this 24th day of March, 2009.
Dave Perry, Chair