NOVEMBER 18, 2008
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Perry called the
meeting to order in the Fire Hall meeting room at 2:00 p.m. Chair Perry and
Commissioners Woodruff, Johnston, Smolen, Mare and Holland answered the roll.
Commissioner Power was absent. A quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: Herman Welch addressed the Commission regarding his interest in the proposed changes to the Comprehensive Plan.
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None
4. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the October 28, 2008 Meeting. Commissioner Maré moved to approve the minutes as presented. Commissioner Holland seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: Chair Perry talked about and passed around an invitation to Planning Commissioners to attend an Oregon Land Conservation and Development Commission meeting December 3-5, 2008 in Tillamook.
6. PUBLIC HEARING: None.
7. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Planning Report: Mr. Lewis reviewed his written report.
B. Comprehensive Plan Amendments: The Commission concluded discussion on the draft Transportation section. The Energy Conservation and Public Facilities Services sections were discussed and proposed changes to the drafts were made. Mr. Lewis will redraft these two sections based on Commission comments for further discussion at the December 16, 2008 meeting.
Consensus of the Commission was to review the redrafted Energy Conservation and Public Facilities & Services sections and begin review of the following sections of the Comprehensive Plan Goals & Policies: Goal I. Citizens Involvement; Goal II. Land Use Planning, Urbanization & Intergovernmental Coordination; Goal III. Agricultural Lands; and Goal IV. Forest Lands.
C. Other Issues: Mr. Lewis reminded the Commission that their next meeting will be a week earlier (December 16, 2008) than normal, due to the Christmas holidays. The December 16th meeting will again be held in the Fire Hall meeting room.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 4:03 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda A. Quinlan, City Recorder
SIGNED by the Chair this 16th day of December, 2008.
Dave Perry, Chair