JULY 22, 2008
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Perry called the
meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. Chair Perry and Commissioners Johnston, Smolen,
Power, Maré, and Holland answered the roll. A quorum was present.
2. SWEAR IN NEW COMMISSIONER: City Recorder Quinlan administered the oath of office to Mr. Ray Woodruff. Commissioner Woodruff then took his seat at the Commission table.
3. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
4. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: The Commission asked about the status of the Mercantile building and the new planters installed in the downtown area. Ms. Quinlan explained that the owner of the Mercantile has been cited into the Municipal Court at the next arraignment session, on August 19, 2008. The planters will be filled this fall, and meanwhile Public Works is keeping the containers cleaned out.
5. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the June 24, 2008 meeting. Commissioner Holland moved to approve the minutes as presented. Commissioner Power seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
6. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
7. PUBLIC HEARING(S): None.
8. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Planning Report: The Commission reviewed the submitted report. No action was necessary.
B. Comprehensive Plan Amendments: Chair Perry explained that the City had applied for, and would likely receive, a grant from DLCD to update the City’s Comprehensive Plan. He noted that Mr. Lewis had recently helped the City of Yachats complete their Comprehensive Plan update. The Commission reviewed the draft "Needed and Desired Improvements" to the Waldport Comprehensive Plan, and agreed that these issues are definitely important to the City’s overall growth and policies. They also agreed that all the City’s plans (Transportation, Parks, etc.) need to be incorporated into the overall plan, as they are all interrelated. The review on the Comprehensive Plan will continue at the next Planning Commission meeting.
C. Other Issues: None.
9. ADJOURNMENT: At 2:55 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda A. Quinlan, City Recorder
SIGNED by the Chair this 26th day of August, 2008.
Dave Perry, Chair