JUNE 28, 2005
1. Call to Order and Roll Call: Chair Balen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Chair Balen and
Commissioners Perry, Milligan, Power and Cutter answered the roll. Commissioner Meatzie was absent. A quorum was present.
2. Citizen Comments and Concerns: None
3. Commission Comments and Concerns: Chair Balen provided an update on the Highway 101 project. He discussed the parking and access issues expressed by some of the business people, and the many benefits of the project, i.e. undergrounding utilities, new sidewalks, etc.
The Commission discussed the ongoing and projected development activity throughout the city.
4. Minutes: The Commission considered the minutes from the April 26, 2005 and May 24, 2005 meetings. The motion was made and seconded to approve the minutes of the April 26, 2005 and May 24, 2005 meetings and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
5. Correspondence: None.
6. Discussion/Action Items:
A. Planning Report: Mr. Lewis reviewed his written report.
B. Continued Review of Proposed Development Code Additions/Revisions: The Commission reviewed proposed Section 16.34.080 Pedestrian Amenities. Revisions were made to the three subsections under Item B. Guidelines and Standards, and subsection 4 regarding public art was deleted.
7. Adjournment: At 8:15 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda A. Quinlan, City Clerk
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 26th day of July, 2005.
SIGNED by the Chair this 26th day of July, 2005.
Samuel Balen, Chair