DECEMBER 6, 2005
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Balen called the
meeting to order at 6:35 p.m. Chair Balen and Commissioners Milligan, Power and
Streeter answered the roll. Commissioners Perry, Meatzie and Cutter were absent.
A quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: Chair Balen asked about the sale of the parking lot across the street from Excel Drugs, wondering how that impacted the required parking for the drug store. Staff clarified that the parking agreement is for
on the medical center parking lot rather than the front
lot. Temporarily there will be an espresso stand installed on the lot, but the
long-term plans call for a mixed-use facility.
4. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the October 25, 2005 meeting. Commissioner Streeter moved to approve the minutes as presented. Commissioner Milligan seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: Chair Balen noted receipt of an email invitation from the Community Issues Forum to attend their meeting on December 7.
6. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Continued Review of Proposed Development Code Additions/Revisions: Discussion ensued regarding drive-though facilities. Mr. Lewis explained that the language came from model code for small cities. Consensus of the Commission was to delete that section, make automobile-oriented facilities a conditional use, and remove Item "O" from outright uses. Following discussion of automobile-oriented uses and residential uses, Commissioner Milligan moved to strike paragraphs "a" and "b" under automobile-oriented uses, and the last sentence of the main paragraph entitled "Automobile-Oriented Uses", and add residential uses pursuant to standards contained in the DD zone to "Uses Permitted Outright". Commissioner Streeter seconded, and the motion carried unanimously. Mr. Lewis indicated the changes would be made and brought back to the Planning Commission, who can then recommend the changes to the City Council, or continue with making additional text amendments.
B. Planning Report: Mr. Lewis reviewed his written report.
C. Other Issues: None.
7. ADJOURNMENT: At 7:55 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted (as amended),
Reda A. Quinlan, City Clerk
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 24th day of January, 2006.
SIGNED by the Chair this 24th day of January, 2006.
Samuel Balen, Chair