AUGUST 23, 2005
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair
Balen called the meeting to order at 6:35 p.m. Chair Balen and Commissioners
Perry, Meatzie and Cutter answered the roll. Commissioners Milligan and Power
were absent. A quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: Barbara Davis voiced a concern about heavy equipment being parked on a friendís property on Chad and Range Drive, wondering what was going on. Staff surmised that it was probably part of the South Sewer project, though there was paving being done by the County as well.
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
Chair Balen invited Ms. Leonard and Councilor Woodruff to present the Urban Renewal Plan #2. Ms. Leonard noted that the reason the Commission was being presented the plan was to ensure that it did not violate the Comprehensive Plan. Ms. Leonard outlined the new plan and explained the projects that the City hoped to accomplish with the monies. Discussion ensued. No action was necessary from the Planning Commission, but the comments were very favorable, and a letter over Chair Balenís signature will be drafted for the August 29 City Council meeting. The Commission thanked Ms. Leonard and Ms. Woodruff for their presentation.
4. MINUTES: Commission Meatzie moved to approve the minutes as presented. Commissioner Cutter seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: Chair Balen reviewed an email from Barbara Davis regarding use of park assessment fees, an email regarding a Forest Service property presentation, an invitation from Toledo inviting participation in their centennial activities, and a letter from the Forest Hills Homeownerís Association regarding concerns about the 80-unit subdivision. Staff noted this was a copy of the letter submitted to the City Council at their meeting on August 4. Chair Balen reviewed a conversation with Mr. Murry in regard to the access of the cul-de-sac to Crestline Drive. Mr. Murry suggested installing breakaway gates at either end of the access, if the City would be willing to work with him. Chair Balen suggested he pursue the extension of the easement with the City.
6. PUBLIC HEARING: None.
7. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Review Urban Renewal Plan #2: Previously addressed.
B. Planning Report: Mr. Lewis reviewed his report, and noted that there would also be a conditional use permit forwarded to the Commission at their September meeting, as well as a variance application.
C. Continued Review of Proposed Development Code Additions/Revisions: Consensus of the Commission was to schedule a special meeting to address this, either October 11th or the 18th in the afternoon, 12:30 to 4:00 p.m.
D. Other Issues: None.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 7:50 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda A. Quinlan, City Clerk
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 27th day of September, 2005.
SIGNED by the Chair this 27th day of September, 2005.
Samuel Balen, Chair