SEPTEMBER 28, 2004
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair
Balen called the meeting to order at 6:36 p.m. Chair Balen and Commissioners
Perry, Cutter, Meatzie and Cowie answered the roll. Commissioner Cvar was
excused. Commissioner Milligan was absent. A quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
4. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the August 24, 2004 meeting. Commissioner Meatzie moved to approve the minutes as presented. Commissioner Cutter seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
6. PUBLIC HEARING: Case File 1-C-PC-04: Mr. Lewis noted that this issue is still under review and the required information for continuing the hearing has not been received. He noted that this may be delayed at least a couple of months.
7. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
A. Plannerís Report: Mr. Lewis reviewed his Plannerís report. Chair Balen asked about a septic permit that was issued in Alsea Highlands, citing a concern about the potential impact on the riparian area. Commissioner Cutter asked whether the gazebo at Keady Wayside was anything like the conceptual plan designed by Chair Balen, and Mr. Lewis responded that it was similar to the one in Depoe Bay.
B. Other Issues: None.
C. Review of Development Code: The Planning Commission resumed review on the proposed Downtown District. Following a lengthy discussion, the Commission determined that the review will continue at the next Planning Commission meeting, scheduled for October 26, 2004 at 6:30 p.m.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At approximately 7:45 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda A. Quinlan, City Clerk
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 25th day of October, 2004.
SIGNED by the Chair this 25th day of October, 2004.
Samuel Balen, Chair