MAY 25, 2004
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Balen
called the meeting to order at 6:36 p.m. Chair Balen and Commissioners Perry,
Meatzie, Cvar, Uhl and Cutter answered the roll. Commissioner Milligan was
absent. A quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
4. CONSIDERATION OF MINUTES: Noting a number of errors, staff suggested that adoption of the minutes from the April 27, 2004 meeting be postponed to the next meeting. There were no objections.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
6. PUBLIC HEARING(S): None.
7. DISCUSSION ITEMS:
Chair Balen suggested that the Commission consider item "B", Planning Report, prior to the review of the Development Code. Mr. Lewis reviewed his written report. Chair Balen asked Mr. Lewis to check into the number of signs allowed for the new fish place at the south end of town. Commissioner Uhl suggested that they may need a reminder about draining the crab cooker as well. Mr. Lewis will look into both issues.
A. Review of Development Code Additions/Revisions: Commissioner Perry reviewed his written suggestions. Discussion ensued regarding the current code, which references other sections of the code, and whether it might be easier to follow if the specifics were listed within each zone. Then a lengthy discussion ensued regarding the possibility of expanding the boundaries of the Downtown District, and the types of uses that should be permitted. Consensus of the Commission was to have Mr. Lewis prepare a list of the permitted uses and review the maps for possible expansion of the area. The topic will then be taken up at the next Planning Commission meeting. A brief discussion ensued regarding the types of improvements that could be implemented to enhance the appearance of the Highway 101 and Highway 34 entrances to town.
B. Planning Report: Previously reviewed.
C. Other Issues: None.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 8:00 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, Commissioner Meatzie moved to adjourn. Commissioner Cutter seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
Reda A. Quinlan, City Clerk
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 27th day of July, 2004.
SIGNED by the Chair this 27th day of July, 2004.
Samuel Balen, Chair