JUNE 18, 2002
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Chair Balen and Vice-Chair
Hauser were both absent. Commissioner Milligan moved to nominate
Commissioner Uhl to chair the meeting. Commissioner Cutter seconded.
There were no other nominations. The motion then carried unanimously on a
voice vote. Commissioner Uhl then called the meeting to order at 6:38 p.m.
Commissioners Uhl, Milligan, Cvar and Cutter answered the roll. Chair Balen and
Commissioners Meatzie and Hauser were absent. A quorum was present.
2. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: None.
3. COMMISSION COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: Commissioner Milligan noted that an agent in her office had written an offer on a portion of the Waldport lot and wondered how the Urban Renewal Agency would handle the issue. Commissioner Cutter expressed his concerns about the flagrant abuse of the laws regarding setting off fireworks and dumping garbage into the water of the bay. Following a brief discussion, Commissioner Cutter indicated that he would draft a letter of concern to be forwarded to ODFW, the State Police, Sheriff's Department, Port of Alsea, and other entities. Commissioner Uhl reported on the recent meeting of the Economic Development Committee, and indicated that the second-most important issue was the reopening of the RV dump station. Another issue that may come before the Planning Commission for review was in regards to billboard signage. Commissioner Cutter asked about the various entities which are using the vacant lot next to Excel Drug, wondering about whether they were licensed and whether traffic problems and signage were problems. Mr. Lewis indicated that he would look into the issue.
4. MINUTES: The Commission considered the minutes from the May 21, 2002 meeting. Commissioner Milligan moved to approve the minutes as presented. Commissioner Cvar seconded, and noted the omission of the word "be" after "will" in the final sentence of section 8. Staff will make the correction. The motion then carried unanimously on a voice vote.
5. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
6. PUBLIC HEARING: None.
7. OLD BUSINESS: None.
8. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Consideration of Findings of Fact for McKinley Marina: Commissioner Cvar noted that the conditions of approval needed to be revised to include "All applicable development code regulations will be adhered to" as condition #7, and moved to insert the language into the findings. Commissioner Cutter seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote. Commissioner Cutter moved to adopt the findings as amended, Commissioner Milligan seconded. The motion carried unanimously on a voice vote. Copies of the findings will be forwarded to the property owner and the County Sanitarian.
B. Planners Report: Mr. Lewis indicated that he had no written report for the packet materials, but he does plan on generating a written report for future packets. He asked if the Commission had any preference as to format. None were expressed. The second issue was a request that the Commission consider a different Tuesday of the month for their meeting. The City of Yachats reviewed their calendars and the third Tuesday was the only date that they could agree upon. Commissioner Uhl suggested that Mr. Lewis draft a memo for the next Planning Commission packet to have them consider moving the meeting date to another night such as the fourth Tuesday.
9. ADJOURNMENT: At 7:33 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Commission, Commissioner Cutter moved to adjourn. Commissioner Milligan seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
Reda A. Quinlan, City Clerk
APPROVED by the Planning Commission this 23rd day of July, 2002.
SIGNED by the Chair this 27th day of August, 2002.
Samuel Balen, Chair