FEBRUARY 9, 2012
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL: Mayor
Woodruff called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. Mayor Woodruff and Councilors
Kelly, Hanes, Campbell, Cutter and Holland answered the roll. Councilor Brown
was excused. A quorum was present.
2. MINUTES: The Council considered the minutes from the January 12, 2012 meeting. Councilor Kelly moved to accept the minutes as presented. Councilor Holland seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS: None.
4. DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS:
Presentation by Cynthia Solie, Executive Director of OCWCOG – Overview of Services: Ms. Solie addressed the Council regarding the services provided by her organization, and took questions from the Council.
Economic Development Round-Table Discussion: Guy Faust was not available for the meeting, but Caroline Bauman, Dennie Houle and Maggie Rivers joined Cynthia Solie for the discussion with the Council.
Continuation of Discussion re Community Contributions: The Council reviewed the memo provided by the City Manager, which contained staff recommendations for renaming budgetary line items in order to clarify the intended purpose of the allocated monies. Following discussion, Councilor Holland moved to approve the proposed changes, Councilor Cutter seconded, and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
Consideration of Resolution Amending Budget for FY 2011/2012: Following discussion, Councilor Cutter moved to approve Resolution No. 1161. Councilor Campbell seconded and the motion carried unanimously on a voice vote.
Councilor Campbell excused himself at 4:20 p.m. as he had a prior commitment.
Other Issues: City Manager Leonard noted that a memorandum regarding Committee/Board/Commission vacancies had been distributed at the meeting. There were three vacancies, one on the Planning Commission, one on the Library Board, and one on the Budget Committee, and there were three interested applicants, one for each position. Following review, Councilor Hanes moved to appoint Virginia Hafner to the Planning Commission, Kimberly Andrew to the Library Board, and Shari Wiltshire to the Budget Committee. She noted for the record that Ms. Andrew was a member of the Friends of the Library, but no concerns were expressed about a possible conflict. Councilor Holland seconded the motion to appoint, which then carried unanimously on a voice vote by the Council members present.
Councilor Holland excused himself at 4:30 p.m. as he had a prior commitment.
5. COUNCIL COMMENTS AND CONCERNS: Councilor Hanes inquired about possibly contacting the Council of Governments about assistance in updating the City’s website. Councilor Cutter suggested that issues such as design, maintenance and accessibility be considered as part of a future Council discussion.
6. REPORTS: The written reports of the City Librarian and the City Planner were contained in the packet materials. The City Manager briefly reviewed the activities of the Public Works Department, and noted that the annual waterline flushing would be taking place the week of March 5th through the 9th.
7. GOOD OF THE ORDER: Nothing further.
8. ADJOURNMENT: At 4:55 p.m., there being no further business to come before the Council, the meeting was adjourned.
Reda Q. Eckerman, City Recorder
APPROVED by the Waldport City Council this 8th day of March,
SIGNED by the Mayor this 8th day of March, 2012.
Susan Woodruff, Mayor